Ex-Lagos Governor, Tinubu Reacts To Lifting Of Twitter Ban, Says Nigerians Sometimes Misuse Platform


Ex-Lagos Governor, Tinubu.

On Wednesday, the Nigerian government lifted the suspension of Twitter operations in the country following approval by President Muhammadu Buhari.

The National leader of the All Progressives Congress and aspirant in the 2023 presidential race, Bola Tinubu, has said microblogging platform, Twitter, could be misused by Nigerians, while commending the Nigerian government for lifting the suspension and granting “safe return of access.”

The former Lagos governor, in his first post on the platform after over 200 days, said social media including Twitter enabled the social and economic empowerment of Nigerians stating that he was glad the government recognised this.

On Wednesday, the Nigerian government lifted the suspension of Twitter operations in the country following approval by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Tinubu tweeted, “Social media – indeed all media – including Twitter, are a means for us to all communicate, report, share and engage with stories and each other; to enable economic and social empowerment for Nigerians. But they can be and sometimes are misused.

“I commend the FG for recognising these aspects and most importantly, concluding negotiations for the safe return of access to Twitter to the millions of Nigerians who use it, daily. Welcome back, one and all.”

Meanwhile, Tinubu had earlier this week informed President Buhari of his intention to run for the presidency in 2023 claiming it has been his lifelong ambition to rule Nigeria.

Source: Sahara Reporters.