The spokesman had said the military men, who attacked the house killed two people while others were taken away.
Olayomi Koiki, spokesman for popular Yoruba freedom fighter, Sunday Adeyemo (Igboho), has said the attack by suspected soldiers on Igboho’s house will not stop the mega rally slated for Saturday in Lagos State.
Koiki, who appeared in a Facebook live video on Thursday morning, said the agitators knew there would be an attack of such but would not be deterred or discouraged from continuing with the forthcoming rally.
He said, “We knew something of this nature was going to happen but the rally will still go on as planned. This will not stop or discourage us. Lagos Mega rally will hold as planned.”
The spokesman had earlier alleged that the military men, who attacked the house killed two people while others were taken away.
He also said the building and cars in the premises were damaged but noted that Chief Sunday Igboho was safe. He, however, did not disclose his location.
He said, “The situation now is very bad. Two Yoruba sons have been killed in the house of Chief Sunday Igboho. The two dead bodies have been taken away by the military. We do not know of the location where they were taken to.
“I can confirm that those who came are definitely Nigerian soldiers. There are more than 100 soldiers that came.”
SaharaReporters gathered that the attackers unleashed mayhem on the activist’s house in the Soka area of the city as early as 1 am.
At least 10 vehicles belonging to Igboho, including his G-wagon, Prado SUVs, and valuable properties, furniture, and windows were destroyed.
Bullet holes riddled the buildings in the compound while bloodstains were seen on the premises by our correspondent.
Speaking to SaharaReporters, an eyewitness said, “They were all soldiers, military men. They came in vans and Hummer buses. They abducted his wife and others. They killed two people.”
Source: Sahara Reporters.