British High Commission is recruiting for BMATT Nigeria Travel Clerk – A1
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: BMATT Nigeria Travel Clerk – A1
Ref Id: 35/19 ABJ
Job Category: Other British Government Departments Partners across Government, including UK Visas
Job Subcategory: MOD Ministry of Defence
Start Date: 1 November 2019
Type of Position: Full-time Working hours per week: 37
Grade: A1 L
• To support the effective day-to-day running of BMATT’s travel team, providing a quality and efficient service to staff and stakeholders in compliance with FCO policy and post regulations.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Plan and run an efficient travel booking scheme
• Provides information concerning fares, availability of flights and accommodation
• Provide excellent and efficient solutions to problems that may arise with travel bookings. Support to the overall BMATT travel team within the budgeted resources
• Provides answers about travel policies and processes
• Confers with clients by telephone, writing or in person to answer questions regarding services and travel preferences
• Process information-compiling, categorization, calculating, auditing and verifying data within the budgeted resources
• Other duties as may be assigned by Line Manager.
Requirements Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
• Previous experience in Travel administration e.g. in travel agent role.
• Customer service orientation and attention to details at all times.
• Experience of working in a Team to deliver a quality service in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to handle multiple assignments and prioritise.
• A good command of English language – both verbally and in writing.
• Flexible approach to problem solving with an ability to think on their feet.
• Demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
• A self-starter able to work with minimal supervision. A positive attitude is essential.
• Good organisational skills – capable of working quickly and accurately.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office tools.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
• Familiar with the principles and processes for flight and hotel bookings.
• Experience of working in a travel agency
• Reliability and experience of working in security sector reform or with the military.
• Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace.
Starting Monthly Salary NGN 285,321.83
ethod of Application
Interested and qualified? Click the Apply now button to send your application