The Senate has resumed screening of Ministerial Nominees sent to it by President Muhammadu Buhari.
The former Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federal, Abubakar Malami, from Kebbi state is currently being screened by the lawmakers.
The exercise which began on Wednesday, has so far seen 24 nominees screened, remaining 19. The lawmakers suspended their annual recess in order to screen the ministerial nominees.
President Muhammadu Buhari had on Tuesday sent names of 43 ministerial nominees to the Senate for confirmation.
- Abubakar Malami, while responding to questions, said his task as the Attorney General of Federation and Minister of Justice, is to ensure corruption fight is intensified.
- The Office of AGF is meant to protect the Public – Malami
- The Office of the Attorney General under my watch has been able to protect the Public from undue interference in the fundamental human Rights – Malami
- Hadi Sirika from Katsina state is the next ministerial nominee to be attended to is .
- He was the immediate past Minister of State Aviation.
- He is currently being welcomed by the President of the Senate, Ahmed Lawan.
- Nominee Hadi Sirika is the second nominee to be screened today.
- He is currently giving his opening remarks, his educational background, experiences and what he was able to achieve as the immediate past Minister of state Aviation
Senate has gone on break to resume at 4pm .This is to enable Muslim lawmakers observe Juma’át prayer